Sunday, September 28, 2008

Underlying MTV

Has anyone watched MTV recently?  I turned it on the other day, wondering what kind of shows were on it and was surprised by what I saw.  Music Television Videos is what the literal name of MTV is, so I figured that they would play music videos all day.  I was surprised when I started watching some completely fake show where a guy takes girls moms on dates in order to find out which one he would like the most.  The concept seems fine at first, but after you watch thirty seconds of it you realize that it is the most fake thing i've ever seen.  I don't understand how people watch it.  The guys on the show were only concerned with the looks of the daughters and every line seemed like it was handed to them.  The whole concept of MTV is based on materialism and trends.  They are trying to set a tone for how the younger majority of the world should be.  They give off the impression of "party, party, sex, sex."  I'm disappointed by the quality of shows being played, and overall it seems like the channel should no longer be called MTV, seeing as how it has nothing to do with the concept of music.  Do people not understand how fake it is or do they just not care?  Personally, MTV makes everyone worse off, especially those who believe in it's concepts and ideas.  
Check out how fake MTV actually is by clicking MTV fake.

No comments: